THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    1895 sight options...................?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1895 sight options...................?
 Login/Join

posted
Need to clarify the rear sight options for a Browning 1895 30-40 Krag (early 90's manu, no tang safety, has the receiver screws on the left side).

Based on this rifle, with the reciever screw/mount point, I could use the Lyman sight available from buffaloarms.com.

I want to verify the screw type/size and confirm metric or SAE for the screws (I understand this is a problem, the included screws are a different pattern than the receiver). The recent manu .405 I have does not have the receiver mounts points.

The 1895 is a great shooting rifle in 30-40 Krag.

Posts: 23 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 04 September 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The .405 does have the left side receiver screws, just verified.

Posts: 23 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 04 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
If you are not dead set on the reproduction of the Lyman 21, the new Lyman 48 for the 1886 or the XS Sight Systems apperature sights are much more rugged and less expensive. All three require drilling and tapping the receiver; one hole for the Lyman 21 and two holes for the Lyman 48 or XS.

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3839 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote