THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Need Answer, Using hypervelocity ammo in Marlin 39A?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Answer, Using hypervelocity ammo in Marlin 39A?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Subject about says it all. Can you use it safely or not, specifically CCI Velocitor?
Thanks.

Posts: 98 | Location: Eagle, Idaho | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As far as I know, it should be fine. Velocitor uses normal length .22 LR cases and operates at normal .22 LR pressure.

Posts: 641 | Location: SW Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 10 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Depends on when your 39 was made. Very early ones do not have a hardened bolt for 'high speed' ammo. You might consult the folks at marlinowners.com for a serial number range. I'm not a 39 expert so, I can't tell you how old it has to be to be ok.

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes you can..These loads have no more pressure than any other 22 ammo, they get hyper velocity by decreasing the weight of the bullet.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42167 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote