THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Re: Marlin Guide Gun 1895 SS 45-70
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Marlin Guide Gun 1895 SS 45-70
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
45-70- is big bore !! I hunt in the Catskill mtns and use a 1x4 leupold on my 1885 .works fine . I don't have experience with the red dot. I,ve used various 300 gr factory loads but now I'm using the Winchester 300 nosler partition which I am very happy with. It's a great cartridge and that's why it's still here after 125 years. BTW 100 years ago Winchester had a HV load 300@1825, worked then , works now !!

posted Hide Post
Post deleted by bigboresixguns

One of Us
Picture of PoppaW
posted Hide Post
I have tried the red dots and they put your cheek too high off of the stock. I went with a leupold 2.5x for eye relief.

Posts: 419 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 10 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bigbore
this is the wrong forum to ask these questions, you will likely be flamed for talking about 45/70 on this one.

You should repost your Q on the levergun forum on this site or go over to leversixgunner and ask there. Here are the links

Accurate loading levergun forum

Leversixguns forum

Posts: 787 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote