THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    I shot my Win1895 - 405 too. pics
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I shot my Win1895 - 405 too. pics
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
I was using the Spire point Hornadys (not pictured). 100 yards - irons. The target was very hard to see.

Q? Would you scope this rifle? I've seen my 'smith put an EER scope on a Marlin that looked "Unique"

Posts: 6487 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
The buckhorn sites Winchester puts on their 95 and 1886 right an truely suck.
I put reciever sites on mine.
Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
OH DEAR LORD, don't put a scope on it!

Sacrilege!!

A receiver sight will help a lot, and I believe your receiver is already drilled and tapped for one.

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You could mount the scope right to the top of the bolt. I would go back and forth as you worked the action. Now that would be cool!!

Your group looks typical to me, particularly if you are using the semi-buck horn sights.

Williams receiver sight is what I put on mine.

Posts: 1662 | Location: USA | Registered: 27 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a scope mount for my browning 1985 a williams i think.Its a side mount.I never shot the gunor put the mount on.

Posts: 2543 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote