Find
Notify
Tools

Model 94 help
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of MADDOG
posted
I have a model 94 I. 30-30. It was my father's gun and given to me at the age of 12. I just turned 55. The last couple of times I've had it out it's started to have feeding problems.
I think it may just need a good strip cleaning
and action cleaned up.
Who can you guys reccomend do this work. Don't want to spend a fortune but I do enjoy shotting this ol timer. I believe my dad got it in the 40's
any names or contact for somebody that can take care of this will be appreaciated.
Tks Maddog

Joshua 24:15
www.teamfaithfull.net /
My granddaughter
"Multitudes loose the sight of that which is, by setting their eyes on that which is not".

Posts: 1899 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 03 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why dont you just spray the action with Remington Shotgun cleaner or Action Blaster.No dissassembly required.You would be surprised at the gunk that comes out. Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MADDOG
posted Hide Post
Thank you. But I tried that one already. The gun is about 60 years old. My dad loved to shoot it and I did as well. About 2000 rounds down the tube (guessing but probally close). So I'm thinkin it needs a tune up. Thank you Maddog

www.teamfaithfull.net /
My granddaughter
"Multitudes loose the sight of that which is, by setting their eyes on that which is not".

posted Hide Post
dissassemble, clean, replace badly worn parts and put back together. If you still have the problem....SHIP IT TO ME! Wink

One of Us
Picture of reverenddan
posted Hide Post
Z-Hat customs in Wyoming are experts with lever guns and while they aren't cheap they are reasonable IMHO and they will talk to you and do just what you want.

Most people are bothered by those portions of Scripture they do not understand, it is the passages I do understand that bother me. (Twain)

Posts: 203 | Location: Missouruh | Registered: 01 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MADDOG
posted Hide Post
Just for the record. This was sent to Brockman's Rifles.
CLASS ACT and great work, and fast. Maddog

www.teamfaithfull.net /
My granddaughter