A 1892 in .44WCF with 14" barrel.

What´s not to like Cool patriot

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Jens,
I was unable to view the picture, but it sounds like you have a very compact and handy rifle that is suitable deer, bear, hogs, etc.
Is it an original Winchester or one of the reproductions?
My only 1892 is a .357 mag conversion based upon a rifle made approximately (serial numbers badly worn) in 1907.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The picture was missing here earlier today of some reason. But now it´s back on.

It´s a high numbered 1892 and not a re-production. I have been lucky to find it here in Denmark.

One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
A nice saddle ring carbine. Enjoy!

DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CR,

my plan is still in place, and Christmas is coming...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Idaho,
The deluxe is still in the back of the safe.

DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at

One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Jens,
My 1892 also had a saddle ring, but I had it removed to allow installation of the receiver sight. You can see where the ring wore off the bluing on the receiver:

My "Pig Pak" with 180 grain Buffalo Bore .357 magnum ammo all around:

DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice rigs.

When I lived in the US I had a S&W M28 in .357Magnum and a Colt New Service in .45colt.

Love to have a combo rifle/revolver again in either caliber.

One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Maybe you can locate a single action revolver chambered in .44 WCF and have a stylish and effective pistol - rifle combo?

DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crshelton:
Maybe you can locate a single action revolver chambered in .44 WCF and have a stylish and effective pistol - rifle combo?

That was my little secret to do that.
Overhere it´s easier to find a 1st Gen Colt SA than a 2nd Gen. But they are costly. I had a nice Colt Bisley with 7½" barrel in.44WCF several years ago which I have regretted I sold.
I just feel the .44WCF as a revolvercartridge is on the weak side. I bought later a Colt New Frontier in .44Special which I had hoped I could be happy with...but eventually I didn´t.
The S&W M25 in .45colt however is a revolver I have handled which fit much better to my hands...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice score! I love my 92's, have early rifle in 25-20 and newer Rossi's in 45 colt and seems like these are the only rifles I shoot all of the time.

Posts: 48 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 15 September 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jagman64:
Very nice score! I love my 92's, have early rifle in 25-20 and newer Rossi's in 45 colt and seems like these are the only rifles I shoot all of the time.

Thanks.

I am saving up(as I write..:LOL). Original trapper carbines do come with a pricetag. This one will set me $3000 back. I will get it here in early spring. The gun is reserved.

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jens poulsen:
quote:
Originally posted by crshelton:

That was my little secret to do that.
Overhere it´s easier to find a 1st Gen Colt SA than a 2nd Gen. But they are costly. I had a nice Colt Bisley with 7½" barrel in.44WCF several years ago which I have regretted I sold.
I just feel the .44WCF as a revolvercartridge is on the weak side. I bought later a Colt New Frontier in .44Special which I had hoped I could be happy with...but eventually I didn´t.
The S&W M25 in .45colt however is a revolver I have handled which fit much better to my hands...

Do you have access to Pedersolli or Pietta? Both make an 1873 in 44-40. Much less cost than a Colt and shoot just as well or better.

Posts: 5707 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote