THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Re: Winchester Guns M94 TS Timber Carbine 450 Marlin
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Winchester Guns M94 TS Timber Carbine 450 Marlin
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Don't have the .450, but have both a .444 Timber Carbine and a .444 Black Shadow. Used to have a Marlin old model .444, and shot the same loads in all three. Despite the Marlin being heavier, it always seemed to kick more than the Winchesters. I sold the Marlin and kept the Winnies, because they're both lighter to carry and easier to shoot. I'm guessing the .450 will be a handful, but eminently shootable. (I'm shooting 270 and 300 gr bullets at 2100-2200 fps, so they're not exactly mild loads.)

Posts: 119 | Location: Ketchikan, AK USA | Registered: 20 January 2003Reply With Quote