THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    I picked up my new winchester 92 today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I picked up my new winchester 92 today
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I got one of those Davidson's limited run 1892's. 20" octagon barrel, in 45 LC. Small loop and straight grip. This gun is made for me, I can shoulder it with my eyes closed, then open my eye and I'm looking straight down the sights. Perfect companion to my 1886! I'll try and post some pictures tomorrow.

Posts: 33 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats! make a fine plinker, deer, or coyote rig. where in az are ya?

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some details I've noticed upon cleaning and handling the rifle. The wood fit is less than I expected. The forearm is loose in it's furniture (? right term ?). It moves front to back maybe a .10", just enough to notice it. It does not move side to side or up and down any at all. The butt stock does not fit even to the buttplate, you can feel a slight alignment missmatch to the one side. The inletting for the tang appears to be a little overzealous, the tang is a little recessed into the wood channel.

The difference in fit between it and my 1886 is noticeable. My 86, which was from the first re-run 6-7 odd years ago. It shows none of these kinds of fit issues, and I dare say is one of the best fitted stocks I have ever seen on a non-custom gun.

The action cycles very smooth, and the trigger is surprisingly smooth. The trigger is a little heavy (aren't they all these days), but very smooth with no creep whatsover.

Now lets see if I get the pictures working

Posts: 33 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
That's a good looking rifle.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote