THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    No Hardware Rifle Sling - Requires No Mod To Rifle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No Hardware Rifle Sling - Requires No Mod To Rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just wrote up a description of a sling I made that can be installed without any modifications to a rifle that has no swivels. It was for a slide action Winchester. I plan to make another for my lever rifle.
The description is in the D.I.Y. Topic section.

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Buy one of the muzzleloader style slings that has a butt cuff, sling and then mount a removeable Uncle Mikes to the mag tube-- or if thats not a go, you can thread it through the mag tube/barrel gap and tie it.

Posts: 5700 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have found that mag tubes are usually too close to the barrel to be able to insert a piece of leather between tube and barrel. I would also be very hesitant to use the mag tube to hold a sling since I doubt that the mag tubes are strong enough to handle a sling without being deformed.

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
If you go the removable style uncle mikes barrel band for the front swivel, you could get it barrel diameter if its a 1/2 mag. Frankly, I have them on my rifles on the mag tube and have not had one come loose in 45 years use. I also have them on kickers like the 45/70, 50 Alaskan and 50-110 Winchester, again with no problems. You could something of less diameter than leather I think, if you had to.

Posts: 5700 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote