THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Just found out my 94 30 WCF is a PCMR rifle.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just found out my 94 30 WCF is a PCMR rifle.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted
When I was a kid my grandad entrusted to me a 94 30 WCF to hunt deer with. I've had this rifle in the family ever since, he picked it up in BC Canada in the early 1950's.
I'm getting it ready to take to Saskatchewan on a Spring Bear hunt and decided to look up the odd stampings on the receiver and wood.
Come to find out it is one of a possible 1900 survivors issued to the Pacific Coast Militia Rangers making it fairly rare.
I killed plenty of deer with it as a kid, so did my brothers and my grandpa told of stories in Canada killing Grizzlies, Black Bears, Moose and Mountain Goats out near his lumber mill near Hazelton BC.
I thought it would be interesting to add another Black Bear to its take this spring.
I'm shooting 190 grain Bullets this year and the old gun is still a tack driver.
I can't post pictures i don't have a hosting site anymore.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
So cool.

To be able to hunt with your grandfather's rifle must be almost spiritual.

Hang on to that one.

And best of luck with the blackie!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13384 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
These carbines are rare and valuable. They have specific PCMR markings including the broad arrow inside the C markings in specific places.
Email pictures to me of those markings and I will post them for you.

Posts: 17102 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
You can glimpse some 94s in this brief YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qffebMTpGIM

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill.
Congrats on keeping and using your Grand Fathers Rifle
I am in the process of rebuilding my Grand Fathers Savage 99C which is a half octagon 24" barrel in 30-30
J Wisner

Posts: 1429 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have my granddads 94 carbine in 30-30 that he carried in the Texas Rangers, Ive shot probably 50 deer with it over the years, coues, Mule deer and plain old white tail, did some culling over the last few years with it..Its barrel is rough as a cobb but it still shoots an inch and under every time, won many turkeys with it..4 didjet serial number..gun has quite a history..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote