THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    WWG Trigger Happy Kit for the 1895G
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WWG Trigger Happy Kit for the 1895G
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The WWG Trigger Happy Kit arrived today and has been installed in my Guide Gun. It makes a very nice difference. I estimate the trigger pull is now 2-3 pounds instead of what must have been 5-7. There is the slightest bit of creep that I do not predict will be perceptible in the field, especially when shooting in a hurry. A Pachmayr "Prefit" Decelerator was part of the same Brownells order. The Decelerator is noticeably softer than the factory bumper. The pad is a wee bit wider than the the wood but dead on at the heel and toe. Though the spacing is correct it does not align with the four (?) holes in the factory wood. Pachmayr recommend filling the old holes with wood putty if necessary so I'll finish that job this weekend. It comes with a handy little drill bit and fresh screws to complete the installation. A great gun gets even better. Good hunting!

one of us
posted Hide Post
mcb- Iam starting to think about a happy trigger kit for my 1895G and am curious about the creep you mention. None of the othe rposts I've read have mentioned it. Also do yourself a favor and get some 1/4 inch dowling from a home store( harder wood the better)and fill the holes that are in your stock but then you can redrill the ones you need for the prefit pad. I did this with my Limbsaver pad and I just feel that little extra bit of detail will help finish the job cleanly and properly. I don't like the idea of putty in my stock so I glued a small piece of the dowling in trimed, and sanded to fit. Hope this was helpful.

Posts: 257 | Location: Long Beach | Registered: 25 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
I used the trigger kit and decided to keep the gun after all. It is a 95ss and has the microgroove rifling. I'm not pleased with the rifling. My hard cast bullets lead the bore badly. I dislike that level of leading. It increases pressure besides the cleaning problem. Overall after a new barrel it will perform the way I expected it to when new. Later. Packy

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I am curious about the creep you mention. None of the other posts I've read have mentioned it.

I won't speak for anyone else but there is the slightest bit of creep just before letoff; the sort you notice when dry firing carefully but not when practicing a snap shot. Maybe the factory hammer/sear had the same creep but the trigger pull was such a distraction I never noticed. For a drop-in part I could install myself I'm satisfied for now. If it bothers me more than the nasty pull used to (unlikely) I can always send it to a 'smith later.