Find
Notify
Tools

Blr 81
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi every one
I am new to this forum and i have a problem with my Blr .308 in that it some time jams just in front of the chamber mouth on the first and third shot from the magazine this manly happens with 180 gr remington core locks and some times with priv soft points but not very often with fmj's .
any ideas or help would be very helpfull

Bob

Posts: 37 | Location: Cumbria, England | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
Hi Bob & Welcome!
I've owned a BLR but did not have any feeding problems. I guess I would start with asking if you are having feeding problems with other bullet weights? Then I would check the OAL of your 180 gr. rounds to ensure they're not being hindered at the end of the magazine.
Finally, I'm sure there are many on this board who have much better information than I and I'm sure they will be happy to help. Good luck!

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks cliff
I have tryed useing 147 gr FmJ and they feed ok most of the time i have also replaced the magazine but to no avail .I have just go 20 rounds of winchester 150gr power point to try next time i get to use the out door range hopefully these will feed better ?

Bob

Posts: 37 | Location: Cumbria, England | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
the staggered magazine meaning feeds from one side then the other if 1 and 3 jam but 2 does not sounds like a magazine problem. try a diff. magazine or check the one you have for burs scraches dents or such.

my .02

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is this rifle a Pre-81 (magazine hangs down) or an 81 (flush magazine with steel receiver)? If a real 81 the magazines are marked as to what calibre they are made for. I think on the follower. The Pre-81 has a common magazine for .308, .243, and .358. I know the 7mm-08 magazine is not the same as the .308. Might have the wrong magazine. The 81 was made in a lot more calibres that the pre-81