New
Find
Notify
Tools

45 Long Colt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What is the standard trajectory for a Marlin 1894 Cowboy chambered in 45 Long Colt using factory PMC Cowboy Action 250grain bullets at 800fps?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+ 1.52 @ 25 yds
0.00 @ 50
- 5.22 @ 75
-14.31 @ 100

Source: http://www.pmcammo.com/ballistics/handgun_ballistics_45colt.php

One of Us
posted Hide Post
MThuntr:

I looked at your home state. I thought about your question about the 45 "Long" Colt. Are you guys planning a new kind of OK Corral shootout? Smiler Take my advice, the Colt 1911, A1, using the 45 ACP will do a better job! Smiler So for that matter will the Colt Python. (beautifully easy squeeze even on double action, believe me, revolvers have come a long ways!) Smiler

Oh! You were asking about a RIFLE cartridge? Gee, guys, I hate to break it to you out there ( We tenderfeet love getting a chance to hit back) but something called the 30-30 has come along. It's really good - and if you get interested in smokeless powder RIFLE cartridges, you wouldn't believe how many other cartridges are out there! Anything I can do to help bring you up to date - just call on me. Smiler (Just kidding. I still love the whole country west of the Mississippi - except California) Smiler

Posts: 800 | Location: NY | Registered: 01 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Are you planning on using the .45 in the side matches for a cowboy shoot? You may disadvantage yourself but it sure would be fun. I think it was Bob Munden I saw shoot one clear out to 600 yds. I personally shoot the heck out of mine using black powder. I shoot the little Trapper model and that short barrel doesn't help with velocity for longer ranges. We shoot to around 400 yds most of the time and leave the longer ranges to the guys with the 38-55's and 45-70's which also has that rainbow arch.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote