THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    45-70 Favorite Carry Weapon of Jurassic World Trainers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

45-70 Favorite Carry Weapon of Jurassic World Trainers
 Login/Join

posted
Gentlemen,
I'm new to the board. Thanks to many of you for sharing your knowledge and experience in 45-70 and 45-90 load development.

I'd also like to congratulate many of us here as I know that many of us are proud owners of a Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70. Why???

I took in the new movie Jurassic World this weekend. It looks like our Marlin 1895 SBL's in 45-70 have been upgraded to title of dinosaur protection. Smiler

Jurassic World Marlin 1895

However, the choice to use soft points (based on the rounds he used from his sling) are undoubtedly the reason why that huge 50 foot creature went unscathed. lol

Graphics were unreal, and the movie wasn't bad either.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great movie. I was hoping to see a kill or two from the 45-70. Think it would of looked better if they left off that big scope.

Posts: 282 | Location: Foothills of the Rocky's | Registered: 04 June 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
I was very disappointed in the movie. Everyone here knows..... the 45/70 is too underpowered for African Game, no way it would work on Jurassic game. fishing rotflmo

Posts: 5708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buckeyeshooter:
I was very disappointed in the movie. Everyone here knows..... the 45/70 is too underpowered for African Game, no way it would work on Jurassic game. fishing rotflmo

Obviously you would use a 577 TRex.

"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind..."
Hosea 8:7

Posts: 579 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 January 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hogfarmer:
quote:
Originally posted by buckeyeshooter:

Obviously you would use a 577 TRex.

sounds right to me!

Posts: 5708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srshooter
posted Hide Post
You might need to use the 12GFH on the new dinosaur. You could call it the .729 Dominasaurus WRECKS! You might could even have it chambered in the old Marlin bolt action 12 gauge goose gun. Big Grin BOOM

Posts: 338 | Location: montana | Registered: 23 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
old Marlin bolt action 12 gauge goose gun

With its 36 inch barrel for max velocity

Posts: 19432 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok movie...but the Marlin stuff....A joke... and a bad one too!.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
quote:
...but the Marlin stuff....A joke... and a bad one too!.

Either a bad joke or ignorance, neither of which is becoming to the makers of the movie.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote