New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Guide gun question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just a follow up, I recieved another sight blade, its identical to the other three they sent. The tech dept person I talked to said it that didnt fix the problem, something else is wrong and send the rifle back in. So thats where I'm at now, the rifle is in thier repair dept.
I am going to dump the original sights anyways, but I want what is wrong fixed before I change them.

Posts: 97 | Location: Northern Lower Mich | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jaycocreek
posted Hide Post
Ken-I just got one in the mail yesterday.I haven't had time to install or try it,but it appears to be higher than the one I had which,knock on wood,should fix it.

Good luck.Jayco.

Posts: 565 | Location: Central Idaho | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jayco, did they send you a back blade or front post? When I called them before I sent in the rifle I asked if there was a different front sight I could try, and the guy said no. Today I got a call from Marlin and they said I had the tallest back blade, but they make different size fronts. I told him about my prior call and he said someone gave me bad info. Anyway he said they changed it out and test fired it with 300gr ammo. I hope this does it, if not I'll dump it or get aftermarket sights. When I get it back I'll post the results.

Posts: 97 | Location: Northern Lower Mich | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jaycocreek
posted Hide Post
Ken-They sent me the back blade.It appears higher than the one I have but with my eyes,who knows.I also herd a different front sight was in order.I like the factory sights and if I was to spend 100 bucks on an after market like the Ghost ring set-up for a few bucks more you can get a scope.My transmission in my pick-up needs work so my scope plans are down the tube.Hope yours works, and keep us informed as I may have to call a Rep for results as I have had to before.Jayco.

Posts: 565 | Location: Central Idaho | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote