THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Re: Front Sight to go with apeture rear?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Front Sight to go with apeture rear?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
When my eyesight was better I used an arpeture and thin blade that I made by just grinding the bead off a bead sight. Worked great in good light, I killed a lot of critters that way. Now my eyesight isn't so good, and I have been using a wide blade on my muzzelloader and for cowboy shooting. I think the wide blade is better on a baisically short range gun like the 44, and it will work better in poor light. Beads with apartures are horrible. If you sight in to cover your aiming point with the bead it can cover your whole target. If you sight in to hit at the top of the bead, you see the top of the bead differently in every change in light conditions.

Posts: 247 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote