THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Where in Japan are Winchesters Made?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where in Japan are Winchesters Made?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was wondering if the Winchester Factory in Japan got hit in the earthquake.Its really weird that they build guns there and cant own them.I was just wondering while looking at my Japaneese made 405 win 1895.They build better Winchesters than we did.

Posts: 2543 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted Hide Post
Miroku made and make every lever action rifle from Browning an Winchester in the last 30 years. M71, M86, M95 and since this year the M94 rifles. Also the M1885 High/Low Wall is made by Miroku.
quote:
Its really weird that they build guns there and cant own them.

I´m not a expert for the gun-law in Japan, but I read in www, that it is possible to get rifles for hunting in Japan, with a special permit.

Martin

Posts: 824 | Location: Munich, Bavaria, thats near Germany | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
By Miroku In Nankoku,Kōchi,Japan

http://www.miroku-jp.com/

Map

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Map_Nankoku_en.png

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
Lots of Firearms in Japan & a fair few hunters & shooters , even guys hunting with full auto M2 30 Carbines !!!

A lot easier to get a shotgun permit (still very hard to get & keep) & many years before you can get a , or apply for a rifle .

Here is a photo of one of my good friends Sika stags shot this year .

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I´m not a expert for the gun-law in Japan, but I read in www, that it is possible to get rifles for hunting in Japan, with a special permit.

It's just about impossible to get a rifle permit in Japan.
You must hunt for 10 CONSECUTIVE years with a shotgun in Japan before you can apply for a rifle permit.

Posts: 3034 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 01 July 2010Reply With Quote