New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pics of my new .356 now scoped
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Picked up a Leupy 1-4x20 scope for my .356 the other day. Mounted it and bore sighted it today. Looking forward to a test drive tomorrow.

Posts: 55 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The 356 Win Lever is one of those guns that should have been a lot more popular.
Light, handy, plenty accurate enough for hunting, and hard hitting.

You have a nice rig there.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
Do you have any good cast bullet loads for it?

I picked up a 356 barrel at Neumrich with the thought of putting it on a regular M94 and use lower pressure handloads only.

Lar45

White Label Lube Co.
www.lsstuff.com
Carnauba Red high speed cast bullet lube.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of raybass
posted Hide Post
That's one nice lookin rig. thumb

Straight shootin to ya

Posts: 531 | Location: Montgomery, Texas | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lar45:
Do you have any good cast bullet loads for it?

My .356 M94AE appears to be a twin to his. It very much likes the RCBS .358-200 (200 gr.) GC bullet with 39 grs. of 4895, WLR primers, W-W brass. That is not a hot load...quite a mild one actually. A person could possibly use up to 45 grs 4895, or more, with that bullet. It also likes the same powder charge with any of the Lyman 250-gr. Keith-type FN semi-wadcutters that wear gaschecks. With the heavier bullets, 39 grs 4895 is naturally a bit warmer load, but it is still not a hot one in MY gun.

I have never heard of your lube. If I ask about it in a new thread, will you tell us a fair bit about it...heat required if any, hardness, packaging, price, where it is available, etc? So far I have found that either Thompson's Blue Angel or LBT Blue works fine in my medium bore (up to .45-70) rifles with smokeless loads, but always have my eyes open for something that might work even better.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote