New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning Stainless .450 Marlin
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
As payment for a bit of work I did for friends I was presented with a brand spankin' new stainless/laminate Browning BLR in .450 Marlin! clap I must admit that I've never been a fan of the glossy finish that the BLR is known for and for that reason always avoided buying one. But I must say that I am VERY inpressed with this version. Fit and balance are excellent and the matte finish and fiber optic front sight are nice touches. I may have to pick up the blue/walnut model just to complete the pair and round out my .450M collection. I already have the Marlin 1895M and a Clark Custom bolt in .450M so the Browning is a nice addition. Come to think of it - I oughta give the Winchester Timber Carbine a look too! Wink

Posts: 512 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
akpls,

Real interesting BLR you have. I checked the Browning site and they don't show a stainless BLR. Can you provide a picture. Sure would love to see it.

Thanks,
Roger QSL

Posts: 4428 | Location: Queen Creek , Az. | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roger:
akpls,

Real interesting BLR you have. I checked the Browning site and they don't show a stainless BLR. Can you provide a picture. Sure would love to see it.

Thanks,
Roger QSL

I didn't find it in the catalog either, but here's one listed on gunbroker.com, https://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=34886204

I hoping to find time to take a picture of all 3 together this weekend.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look forward to your pictures. Can't get this darn computer to pull up the site you left.

Thanks,

Roger QSL

Posts: 4428 | Location: Queen Creek , Az. | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hope this works. It's my first attempt at linking to a photo. If not, PM me and I'll try to email them.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a257/akpls/450s-2.jpg

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sure is a Browning.

Will be looking for more info on this gun.
Should be able to make a 458 Noveske out of it.

Thanks for the photo.

Roger QSL