THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Re: accurate factory load for 336 in 30-30
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: accurate factory load for 336 in 30-30
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
divr6347

For what it's worth to you, let me urge you to never use a 150 gr. bullet (30-30) on white tail deer. The 170 gr. is the only worthwhile bullet to use in a 30-30. The 150 gr. was practically an ad man's invention in order to try to turn the 30-30 into what it is not. It's not a "flat shooting" cartridge. It's a relatively slow moving bullet, intended for use at shots well under 150 yards - and - most important of all - it is a deadly cartridge in the hands of a good shot who knows about bullet placement. The 30-30 has a staggering reputation for kills in North America, Central America and South America. (Go in Central America in my time and what you always heard was about the "treinta-treinta" (30-30) Never did I ever see a 150 gr. cartridge. As I said, take what I say for what it's worth. I don't think anyone who knows the cartridge will deny that it is a "close in" cartridge -and in that situation will serve you very well.

Posts: 649 | Location: NY | Registered: 15 January 2004Reply With Quote