THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    What is the best Lever Action rifle ever?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the best Lever Action rifle ever?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I would have to ask how the term "best" is being defined here. Most reliable? Most powerful? Most accurate? Slickest action? Best looks? Best handling? Or the best compromise of all these traits?

If its a best for doing it all, then I'd vote for a short action Browning BLR because it handles nearly as well as a light Winchester but shoots longer ranged cartridges and is generally close to a bolt action in terms of accuracy. Best compromise gun IMHO.

That being said, my favorite lever gun is a Winchester 94. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MickinColo:
If you pull the 86 out of the equation the 94 has probably killed more critters then all the above.

I agree. I don't understand how anyone thinks the 1895 is the best - maybe they were thinking of the 94. But I've got to go with the Marlin 1895 - by far the best levergun series.

Well, at least have an OK day Smiler

Posts: 242 | Location: NW Oregon | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dla:
quote:
Originally posted by MickinColo:
If you pull the 86 out of the equation the 94 has probably killed more critters then all the above.

I agree. I don't understand how anyone thinks the 1895 is the best - maybe they were thinking of the 94. But I've got to go with the Marlin 1895 - by far the best levergun series.

Although a particular Lever action may not be my favorite. I can’t think of one that I truly dislike.

Ultimately I think the best Lever action is the one that pleases the shooter. The one he feels comfortable and confident using. Smiler Wink

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
My first choice would be the Sako Finnwolf, but a close second would be the Savage 99.

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3316 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote