New
Find
Notify
Tools

Going Price of
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What is the approximate value of a 98% M94 Win 30-30 standard grade from the late 70s? No box.

Thanks.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Post 94s are not very valueable locally as far as I can tell..I saw a nice one sell for $135 at out last gun show..It was priced at $150 but came down to buyer..I see them priced at about $150 to $165 at gun shows, but they leave with the seller..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41858 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My son bought two this year for less than $300 each. One is staying a 30-30 and the “older” looking one is going to Jesse to become a 38-55.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 945 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I bought one for 200 last month; young guys do not want them. Too old of a design, hard to put a scope on them, and what is that stock made from? WOOD!!!???

Posts: 17122 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information. I'll tell my brother the bad news.

BH63

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuffHunter63:
What is the approximate value of a 98% M94 Win 30-30 standard grade from the late 70s? No box.

Thanks.

BH63

I recently sold a 94 30-30 carbine with box and papers made in 1965 and fired less than 20 rounds (bought new by my father for $30.) for $500.00.

Posts: 5700 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Good price because I distinctly remember the price in our local store of a new 94 in 1961; it was $84.95. I looked at it every week.

Posts: 17122 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Buckeye
You cut a fat hog on that sale for sure! tu2

Pre 64s are bringing about that and some less.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41858 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JeffreyPhD
posted Hide Post
Win '94s - Not tacticool, doesn't fuel sniper fantasies, can't shoot elk at 1,000 yards. Meh.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
The main problem with resale value particularly with the post-64 model 94's is the shear volume of them made. Just about every pawn shop in North America has a stack of them leaning in the corner. So many that they aren't even allowed a place in the shops gun rack. Most places are more than happy to take any reasonable offer for them.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I'd like to know what part of the country where there are 94's stacked in the corners and don't sell for 150$.
I will take a pickup load please.
I think you guys are running on years old information around here every model 94 starts around 350 and up

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Confused

I didn't say anything about $150 for a model 94. They are priced where I live about the same as you mentioned - $350 or so. But the folks at the local pawnshop near me will always add we take offers if I ask to look. Depending on how much they have into them they will sometimes come down a lot. M94's don't sell well to most of the younger crowd as mentioned so they have been sitting in the shop for a long time.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Good price because I distinctly remember the price in our local store of a new 94 in 1961; it was $84.95. I looked at it every week.

He bought it a Roush Hardware in Whitehall Ohio, the store is still there but quit handling guns years ago. I suspect it had been sitting a while as Ohio went to shotgun only deer hunting.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snellstrom:
I'd like to know what part of the country where there are 94's stacked in the corners and don't sell for 150$.
I think you guys are running on years old information around here every model 94 starts around 350 and up

if u get ur truck too loaded up save me 4-5 of em!

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:

In 1970 I went to the local store to buy a 94. There was a Marlin 336 in the rack next to it and the Marlin felt so much tighter that I bought it instead. The Winchester seemed like it was about to fall to pieces every time I worked the lever. The price was the better part of a hundred dollar bill if I remember correctly; still have that Marlin and it's still tight.

"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind..."
Hosea 8:7

Posts: 579 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 January 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The gun in question is a post 64 Win. they don't fetch much money..Pre 64s just keep going up and up, a great investment, and a Saddle Ring carbine is sky high..My old and I mean old 25-35 SRC is worth plus $2000 in about the same condition, That's what they are asking, don't know it they get that, but would bet they do.Locally I see some post 64 going for $135 to 150 in very nice condition..but gun prices are very geographical, I bought 2 nice pre 64 mod. 70s for $500. at the last two gun shows..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buckeyeshooter:He bought it a Roush Hardware in Whitehall Ohio, the store is still there but quit handling guns years ago. I suspect it had been sitting a while as Ohio went to shotgun only deer hunting.

Did you mean Westerville?

Tom

Posts: 341 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 21 November 2014Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snellstrom:

Yup. These guys and their prices are way out of touch. Sounds like a bunch of bolt action guys trying to talk about levers.

Posts: 18 | Location: northeast | Registered: 19 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dunno I got 94 stacked up in the corners of my shop! Not for sale, old pre 64s and SRC, rifles, some are 92s..Locally in Idaho as far as I can tell $150 is a lot of money for one of those worthless post 64s..they sure cheapened them up...

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ll tell my brother the bad news.

Thanks.

BH63

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TWall:
quote:
Originally posted by buckeyeshooter:He bought it a Roush Hardware in Whitehall Ohio, the store is still there but quit handling guns years ago. I suspect it had been sitting a while as Ohio went to shotgun only deer hunting.

Did you mean Westerville?

Tom

Actually, the Store on Broad Street in Whitehall. His dental office was across from the Shopping Center, later he moved to Yearling Road and Main street.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow 94 s cost a lot more in Georgia I have seen old beat up ones ( looked like they were drug behind the tractor) sell for $200 nice clean ones are up to $400 or even $500 Ray hang on to them the price is going up, Hell the new ones are made over seas and the marlins ain't what they used to be. Old lever guns are awesome

Posts: 590 | Location: Georgia pine country | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote