Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Puma .480 Ruger
 Login/Join

posted
How is the quality on the puma rifles in general and in particular I am looking at the .480 Ruger?
How do they compare to Winchester and Marlin?

Thanx
BF

Posts: 38 | Location: Canadice, NY | Registered: 05 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
I have one in .454 Casull Magnum. I think that the quality is pretty decent. Mine is in stainless and the metal looks really nice. The wood is stained very dark, almost black. You have to wonder why they did that since my stock looks to have some pretty grain under all the dark stain.The only thing I don't like is the sights! he gun is very accurate.

bowhuntr

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been thinking of picking up one of these, and re-chambering to 475 Linebaugh. As you have one, does this look possible? - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
A friend has one in 44mag and it is a great gun. I like the dark wood stainless look.
I read an article somewhere that had a test done by White Labs? on the Rossi 92 in 45 colt. They ran the pressures up above 55ksi with lots of rounds, then did a complete analysis of the internal parts and couldn't detect any changes. So I'm thinking that it is a strong reliable gun.
I have the Rossi in 357 and like it.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am probably going to buy a Puma 92 in .454 Casull blued next week. The caliber looks like a lot of fun to play with, and would take anything down with authority in N.A.

NH_Hunter

Posts: 97 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 12 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, thanks for the reply. I guess I'll have to do a little more research. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote