THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Help me understand the current market for vintage Winchester lever guns?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help me understand the current market for vintage Winchester lever guns?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've got a couple on gunbroker presently:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti...m.asp?Item=130889313

http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti...m.asp?Item=130890211

Both are nice, tight, solid rifles. No bids yet.
I had expected that nice pre-64 Winchesters would show *some* activity. Is it the guns, the photos, or ????

Thx

Mike

Posts: 718 | Location: Utah | Registered: 14 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Mike,
my guess is that you will get some activity as the end of auction nears. Your ads look very good to me. Hope you do well on both of them! thumb

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Buckeye
I guess I'm wondering if the market for pre-war winchester lever guns is soft right now. The two above are fairly pedestrian, but others are on the horizon that are much more sought after.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
Since you asked for opinions, I will give you mine. I would not bid on the top gun for the simple reason that I never bid on a "reserve not met" auction where the reserve is not stated. To go one futher, if you want X amount of dollars for an item, put that as the starting bid. It is a waste of my time to keep bidding until I get at, or above, the reserve level.
As for the second gun, I think, personally, that it is overpriced. At least around where I live, old Winchesters, unless they are something real rare or special, have lost a lot of their charm so to speak.
Again, you asked what we thought and those are my opinions. Not trying to be mean spirited or start a flaming session, just giving my thoughts to your question.
Both are extremely nice shooter grade rifles and I really hope you sell them.

Posts: 1668 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your comments CM.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As a follow up, the guns sold locally via another ad. $650 for the 1952 gun and $950 for the 1924 gun.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would say you did better than average. Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OLBIKER:
I would say you did better than average. Big Grin

By a long shot!...
Up here the one you sold for $650.00 would fetch max $400.00 Canadian or roughly $340.00 U.S...I have been watching the prices of pre 64 94's as I would like one...I plan on paying no more than $325.00 Cdn$...I quess they are considered collectors in the states eh?