THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Feeding the 375 Ruger in a Browning BLR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Feeding the 375 Ruger in a Browning BLR
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Several of our members have built a 375 Ruger on a BLR. For those of you that have direct experience, how did it feed? Which magazine did you use?

I have a BLR in 300 win mag, with a additional 7mm Rem Mag barrel out for a rebore to 338 Win Mag. Now for the second 7mm barrel I am considering either the 375 Ruger, or the 375-338 (aka CT, Taylor and so on).

Thanks for your experience.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
300 winnmag magazine works the best.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The 375 Ruger was designed to work thru a std. length action of 30-06 length, so Im 99% you can do it..

I came across a Ruger 77, 1908 version of the African model by accident and being a dyed in the wool H&H fan didn;t think much about it, but after testing it out in every way, came to the conclusion the only thing the H&H had to offer over the Ruger was nostalgia and BS and the Ruger won on all accounts by a considerable number.. old sofa

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
The 375 Ruger was designed to work thru a std. length action of 30-06 length, so Im 99% you can do it..

I came across a Ruger 77, 1908 version of the African model by accident and being a dyed in the wool H&H fan didn;t think much about it, but after testing it out in every way, came to the conclusion the only thing the H&H had to offer over the Ruger was nostalgia and BS and the Ruger won on all accounts by a considerable number.. old sofa

You will get no argument from me Ray.
The 375 Ruger offers the same advantages over the 375 H&H as the 300 Win Mag does over the 300 H&H .

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4194 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
that hurts but your 100% correct!! rotflmo

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Ray,
Reading posts like this make glad that I just skipped the .375s and went on to the 400s.
Cool

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not a bad idea..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
posted Hide Post
The large cartridge line is what the belted cartridge should have been in the first place.

Totally foolish to have keep the belt.

Posts: 19359 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Remember that H&H originally loaded the 300 and 375 belted magnums with Cordite (think long sticks that look like spaghetti) not with standard smokeless in granules. Belted because rimless cartridges head spacing off the shoulder were new and the British tend to be very conservative. That's why the cases are fairly long and thin compared to the 416 Rigby that was designed for smokeless powder in granules.

Posts: 421 | Location: Broomfield, CO, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
NOw now! no cartridge bashing, the H&H has proven its worth in the jungles and vegas of Africa,and the far North of the Americas and in every corner of the world andits still the boss hog, but the new challanger may retire it in time, but with no shame.. I still have my H&H but don't use it much, why? because me and my H&H suffer the same malody, old age! old beer

I may sell the Ruger next?? use my 30-06.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120