New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brng. Model 1895
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Recently took delivery of subject rifle in '06 and been looking for good one for sometime. Have 71 and 86, but the balance/pointability on this 95 is very close if not equal to the 71.
Been looking close at the current new Winchester versions, but wanted as close as I could get to original and the Browning 1895 seems to fit that bill. Miroku manufactured and with recent events in Japan, figure even current Brownings, rifles or shotguns, will soon dry up??

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A Browning 1895 is on my short list. Instead of the '06 I've been wanting a .30-40.

Congratulations!

"Be kind and polite to everyone you meet. But have a plan on how to kill them." From an old Marine.

Posts: 81 | Location: Montana | Registered: 30 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. I had a lead on the 30/40 version some months ago, but it got away from me. Many consider the '95 in that caliber as the classic way to go. Have read that one has to be very deliberate in loading the magazine of the 30/40 due to the rimmed case and if you get one behind/ahead of one you can end up with a jam in the magazine not all that easy to clear?? Knowing that I would still have bought the 30/40, but have so much '06 components it will be ok. Was suprised to find just how smooth the action is and the feeding/extraction is smooth. Plan on firing the rifle this week end and use both factory and some moderate reloads and will find out just how it shoots.

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 22Rimfire
posted Hide Post
I have one of the newer Winchesters in 405.
They are a faithful recreation of the originals.
Have them too. The Browning should be a fine rifle.
I have always wanted one in 30/06 but end up getting the big bore ones instead. Not sure if you know it or not but Browning and Winchester are one and the same company now.
Both rifles are made in Japan now.
Enjoy the rifle.
JM2CW

Ignore your rights and they will go away!

Posts: 149 | Location: Talkeetna Alaska | Registered: 13 September 2006Reply With Quote