New
Find
Notify
Tools

BROWNING B78
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm sure the purist amongst hate em, especially the non-octagonal barrel. But anyone know what kinda accuracy they are getting?

I also noticed last year Browning offered many standard calibers, but the current website offerings are only 300wm and 7mm rem mag. Sales crap out? Quality control issues?

What say you?

P.S. My reason for looking at em is that while I like the Ruger #1 they ain't know to be tack drivers (I do got a damn goo done in 45/70) AND replacement of the wood is 1k and up.....I likey nice wood.

Browning comes with nice wood.. dancing

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Can't comment on the current B-78s, but my experiences with the original ones were very satisfactory. The first one I ever owned was an octagon barreled rifle chambered for the 6 m/m Remington. It had a trigger like mush (reminded me of a Luger pistol trigger), but was still a reliable 1/2 MOA shooter to 300 yards.

I would have preferred the round barreled B-78 when I got mine, but the only one I could find was octagon barreled, and I had to fly from Winnipeg to Honolulu in early 1974 to get it....

Was worth the flight in several ways....visited my friend who owned Chez Michael's on Waikiki Beach (Kalakaua Blvd.), ate most of a 3-pound deep sea lobster tail, and drank a great bottle of 1967 Chateau Lafitte Rothschild. Oh yeh, was also accompanied by a young Canadian model of the sexy female variety, who I later married (and am still with).

If the new B-78s are anything like the older ones, you could do far, far worse.....

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote