Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester 1895 Lyman repro's?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Earl
posted
So I finaly came across an 1895 I could afford to both buy and to keep. It has some side mount holes drilled and I am looking for one of the Lyman 38 reproductions to cover up the holes, just don’t know where to look. Any one got any ideas? I remember reading someone was making a reproduction of them but that was two years ago and my memory has gone south since then big time.

Posts: 364 | Location: Sticks, Indiana | Registered: 03 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Velcome onboard Big earl! Smiler

Buffalo Arms has the reciever sights for your 1895 Winchester. They are made by a company called "Ukranien". I got mine 4 years ago...works perfect like the originals. I have an original 1886 with the original recieversight, and the new ones are just as fine for sure Wink

Here you go.. http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/4,3184.html

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Earl
posted Hide Post
Jens, Thanks a bunch, will order one tonight. Mine is an origional 1915 in 30-03 and I plan to shoot the snot out of it on everything from coons to moose.

Posts: 364 | Location: Sticks, Indiana | Registered: 03 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just out of curiosity where do you get 30-03 brass?

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Earl
posted Hide Post
Allen,
I have been necking up .270 brass and it gets me close enough. Regular 30:06 brass will work but I would imagine it too do some evil things to the neck.