THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Newer Winchester 1894 tang safety
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Newer Winchester 1894 tang safety
 Login/Join

posted
I'm itching to buy a new rifle and I'd like it to be an 1894. I have an older (1980's) '94 in 30/30, but I've always wanted a rifle-length model.

The 1894 Legacy (24" barrel) in .45 Colt (or 30/30) has me interested. I'm guessing the .45 Colt would be at its ballistic best in a shorter 16" or 20" barrel, but that doesn't bother me too much.

I already have the 30/30 carbine. I have a Colt SAA .45 and a T/C Contender barrel in .45/.410, so the .45 caliber is attractive to me. I think it would be great for the short-range woods hunting I do for deer here in the Adirondacks.

I haven't seen the new tang-safety model '94. I love the clean look of the pre-hammer block models. How does the tang safety model look?

Thanks for any insight,
Bob Scott

Posts: 13 | Location: Upstate New York | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a tang safety 94AE in 45 Colt with the 16 in barrel. I like it. The tang safety is not very obvious as it is recessed into the top tang. I will probably ignore it and use the rifle normally, carry with hammer down and cock it for the shot. Mounted a little red dot on it and am anxious to get it out and go shooting.

257AI

Posts: 13 | Location: Lincoln NE | Registered: 09 November 2003Reply With Quote