New
Find
Notify
Tools

rem 35 loading problems
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
i brought home a rem 35 marlin 336c old style to shoot. it has caused a few reloading problems.. when i seated the bullet 1/16 short of the rifling it would completely colaps inside the case with several loadings(no powder or primer of course).. when i shortened the bullet (180 grain .357 sierra fpj ) to be in the groove it is about 1/8 to 3/16 short of rifling and that may be ok,only the range will tell that.. the thing that bothers me when i go to pull them they are really in there.it takes about two to three times as man whacks to pull them with an inertia bullet puller... . they still shorten about .0015 when reloaded several times but that may be ok.. the thing that bothers me is that it may be generatiing too much pressure seated hevily in the connolure.. any comments?? dave.

Posts: 249 | Location: central montana | Registered: 17 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Unless you are using a lee factory crimp die you should be crimping in the crimp groove. I crimp in a separate step unless I am loading cast bullets. It will mess up bottle case necks too easily otherwise. Mark

Posts: 210 | Location: Willamette Valley | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote