New
Find
Notify
Tools

Showing My Ignorance
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Forgive me if this is NOT news but I was prowling around on the USRAC website today looking at the various models of lever rifles made under the Winchester logo today and I noticed they are going to produce some Winchester Model 92's if anyone is interested. No price given, which always means I don't need to ask.

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pecos, I was unable to locate that one, got a link???

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't have time right now but will find it and post later. jim

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Winchester Guns and look at non-catalog link.

These are the Japanese made ones that were under the Browning label. They cost plenty, over a grand IIRC. The same corporate folks that own Browning now owns Winchester firearms (USRAC).

Posts: 338 | Location: Johnsburg, Illinois | Registered: 15 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Courtney, thanks! Got the dope sort of. Go to http://www.galleryofguns.com/gunlocator/images/enjoy.gif as they are apparently the distributor of choice. The date on the Winchester Site indicates 2003 for production. They have none of the rifles in 32-20 so my interest flags a bit. 99+ in .357 Mag are available, price $1075.00 US. Did not explore other chamberings which are .44 Mag, .45 Colt, .38-40.

Later on....

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess I'd have to see that to believe it. It really goes back to the comments I posted by Mr.Barnes. It really would make little sense to spend twice as much for a gun that shoots smokeless and re-load with BP. Go figure. It's all interesting stuff though and I expect over the years that many have pondered the very same question......Why the 32 Special when it's a hair splitting difference from the 30-30 ????

Posts: 1010 | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Re: what did Frank Barnes say? I believe Mr. Barnes has passed away. The remarks about the 32 Win Spec in the recent editions of COTW are likely made by Mic McPherson as he is editing COTW now and he likes the 32WS. He has written an article debunking the 32WS myths which is posted on his website. To read it go to the link below:

WHAT MAKES IT SPECIAL?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I posted the comments in the recent COTW above. They don't agree with the comments posted on the link. It was a interesting read.

Posts: 1010 | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote