Find
Notify
Tools

Savage 99 Hi-power
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted
I've always wanted to do a full custom job on my old '99 Hi-power, does anyone know if a curved pistol grip lever will fit the early models and if one could be found anywhere ??

Roger

Posts: 1043 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two M-99s in 300 Sav. Both came from both of my grandfathers. One is a pistol grip, the other is the straight stock, which I believe is a earlier model. I am sorry to say that I do not know my Savage history as I should. When I get home this weekend I will take a look at each to see if the stocks are interchangeable, assuming that is what you meant.

I just started on a refurbishing job on the later model/pistol grip rifle. My dad let it get rust pitted so I took it apart and started the steel/brass wool thing.

I'll get back to you later.

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rae, hope to hear from you.

Roger

Posts: 1043 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey yumas..., I almost forgot to mention, I was told this past weekend, there is a outfit in New York that has a tremendous supply of used gun parts. It is supposedly on the net. I will check it out shortly since I need some stuff myself.

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Yumastep...
Again, assuming you want to put a M-99 pistol grip on a m-99 straight stock, I took my two
M-99s and held them side to side (one with out rear stock and the other with it attached) and " I think" if you get a pistol grip AND a pistol grip lever" it will fit just fine. The geometry of the pistol grip starts to curve downward at a point consistant with both grips and are interchangable - if I said that right?.