New
Find
Notify
Tools

winchester 71 value
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
trying to set sale value of a Win 71 I have but don't shoot. It is the standard model that i in excelent shape except that it is drilled and taped on left sideplate for scope. I does have the bolt pep and holes have threaded plugs. Made in 1939.Lot of brass,bullets,ammo and dies. No help locally at setting price.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll give you $100 cash money. Big Grin

I'm a wild bull rider and I love my rodeo

Posts: 104 | Location: Somewhere north of Eden | Registered: 08 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What's it worth? Probably a bunch. I wouldn't mind owning one myself and have looked on the on-line auction sites (auctionarms.com and gunbroker.com) and the GunsAmerica on-line store. Probably the best places to look for general price reference.

If you'd like to put a price on it and pm me a picture I might be interested myself. -WSJ

Posts: 300 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A good rule of thumb is that the standard model fetches about 1/2 what the deluxe would. My SWAG indicates that your model 71 should fetch about $1100.00 tops That's about right, because without the extra holes it would be in the $1750 range depending on condition. Yup, that's -$100.00 for every extra hole!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buckshot,
Thats what I'm finding out. I didn't know much about them when I bought it and figured the holes were factory. I was helping out a friend that need to sell a few things. I picked up all the brass,dies and bullets so I would have plenty of ammo. Maybe I have to take it hunting if I do't turn it.
Thanks for all the help.

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you do decide to turn it around please let me know. I am looking for another convertible and since yours is already drilled it would be a perfect candidate.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frank, trying to get a decent value for 71 if I sell it. I bought it to shoot and have used brass, new brass bullets , new ammo and dies. Has some low end offers but nothing worth while.
Selling to help fund a ATV.
Other possible sales are a like new Marlin 1895 MR in 450 marlin, (2) Browing BLR 81s steel frame in 308 & 223

one of us
posted Hide Post
I buy and sell a lot of guns, have for years, and a drilled and tapped Mod. 71 has absolutly no collector value, none. I would value your gun at $600 in good to excellent shape. It is a shooter. Not to say if you find the right guy, that you won't get whatever.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41970 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replys. Looks like I will load up some of the brass and go shooting.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well you have a heck of a shooter, they are neat guns. I wish I could find an old beat up shooter 71 for a right price, thats exactly what I would do.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41970 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was thining of selling a few firearms I wasn't useing and buy an ATV for hunting