THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Puma Winchester M92, 454 Casull.........New addition!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Puma Winchester M92, 454 Casull.........New addition!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Cruising by a few gun shops on Friday I happened apon a brand new, in the box Puma (Rossi) Winchester M92 in 454 Casull. The price was right, but I needed another rifle like I needed a hole in the head! I own a Freedom Arms Model 83 in 454 Casull and I love shooting and reloading for that cartridge. But, I walked............

Saturday morning I woke up early and decided I wasn't earning Jack Sheet on my meager investments, so I might as well invest in another rifle..........Back to the gun shop with money in hand and I now own a very nice Winchester M92.......

First thing I did waws replace the sights. The front got a Williams Fire Sight.

The El' Cheepo rear sight was replaced with a Marlin sight from a 1895G to which I added two white dots.

I went to the range with so 45 Long Colt and a few "hot" 454 rounds. The rifle is a puppy dog with even heavy loads in 45LC, but the 454 rounds get your attention. Thank God for a nice factory recoil pad.

With both loads, the rifle was well under 2" at 50 yards, cycled great and is simply a pleasure to shot. Extremely smooth action and the trigger is satisfactory.

I'm glad I came to my senses and made this purchase!

Posts: 260 | Location: Dartmouth, Massachusetts, USA | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BusMaster007
posted Hide Post
Cool

NAHC Life Member
NRA Endowment/Life Member
Remington Society of America Member
Hunter in Training

Posts: 750 | Location: Upper Left Coast | Registered: 19 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roy I have been lusting after one for these for a few years....

Posts: 2268 | Location: Westchester, NY, USA | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been wanten one too... and one in 480R...

But for me the difference between wanten and getten is money.

Sooooo sad for me

But I'm happy for you and not bitter

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here in New England we have Kittery Trading Post up in maine. They have the exact same rifle in the used department with a consecutive serial number to this one! ($550)

And then I was in Wochester Massachusetts at thhe "Gun Room" and they have one in like new condition .....($550)

I looked for one of these for years and I find three of them withing an hour of each other within three weeks!

Posts: 260 | Location: Dartmouth, Massachusetts, USA | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote