Find
Notify
Tools

Marlin 1895RL in .480 Ruger?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of recoilpad
posted
Is this rifle released by Marlin yet? Will it be like the Win 94 and just be a passing thought?
Thanks.

"Big ears doesn't make you a good listener, but big feet will tell on you." - Mr. Bill Clinton

Posts: 339 | Location: Texas via Louisiana | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah I would want one if it ever makes it Australia !!

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't think its been released yet.I haven't seen one at the gun shop or heard of anyone owning one.

*We Band of .338 ers*.NRA Member

Posts: 415 | Location: Milwaukee WI USA | Registered: 07 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think that it is a Flop. Marlin doesn't list it on thier websight anymore. Sorry.

To a Republican every day is 4th of July.

To a Democrat every day is April 15th!!

Posts: 86 | Location: California | Registered: 05 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think that guys are getting excited over nothing. Marlin seems to have major problems in making it feed and reliability is a big thing. This is just like the 475 Linebaugh Marlin that never materialized. I said back then that it'll never work and I had several guys wanting to argue with me; look at what happened, no 475 Marlin.

thumbdown thumbdown

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would like one though bawling

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Word is that the .475/.480 has been removed from consideration for production. They can't even get the .32H&R out after almost two years.

Posts: 231 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 19 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why can't they make the damn thing feed? The round is a simple straightwall. The Rossi Puma rifles feed just fine. WTF Marlin and WInchester!

Posts: 185 | Location: IL | Registered: 25 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I suspect they announced it to test the water. When the orders didn't materialize they dropped it.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 1895 action isn't strong enough to safely chamber any of new high-pressure pistol rounds. Marlin lacks the R&D funding to update the 1895 and 336 actions.

I think the .32H&R died from simple economics - they would've sold 5's of them. Marlin would've made much more money chambering the 9mm in a lever-gun.

Well, at least have an OK day Smiler

Posts: 242 | Location: NW Oregon | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Marlin attorneys have noted the '95 will feed but won't take proof loads for .475/.500S&W dreamers and that .45ACP/9MM lever actions would help rid the world of dummies that don't handload and only use cheap hardball, but that dummies' families always seem to have an attorney themselves that think mangled/dead dummies have some sort of financial worth (patently untrue). The .32H&R problem is that instead of using proven, existing tooling ('94CL) their "improvements" (no loading gate & tube loading) caused tooling/production costs to be more than projected.

Posts: 231 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 19 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The 480/Marlin does not look like it will materialize but here is an alternative from Rossi.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976476136.htm

quote:
Originally posted by recoilpad:
Is this rifle released by Marlin yet? Will it be like the Win 94 and just be a passing thought?
Thanks.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote