THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Re: Which scope rings for mod. 99F?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Which scope rings for mod. 99F?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My 358 was factory d&t for scopes. I used a one piece Redfield Base and low Redfield Rings. As you can see I used an Extended Front Ring to be able to mount the scope far enough to the rear for me. I don't think there is a 1/16th of an inch clearance between the scope bell and the front ring, it really brings the scope low to the receiver. The scope is a Leupold 3-9X compact. Not my first choice for a scope on this gun, but it's one I had, so I used it. I think a straight 4X would work better.

The second picture is my stock, it's factory, but Savage made so many different shapes I thought I'd show mine in case yours is different.

You may notice I added a 1" recoil pad on mine to get close to the 14.5" lop I need on my rifles.

My Savage was made in the late 50's so I don't think this type of scope mount looks out of place.

It's a great gun, hope you find what you're looking for.