THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    What's my sight options on a Win M95
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's my sight options on a Win M95
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
I shot the 30/40 barrel this weekend at 50yards. The buckhorn sight on the barrel were a bit tough.

Rich

Posts: 6484 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
You can get a Williams Peep that attaches via the 2 screws on the left rear of the action or You can get one of the Lyman repro's or an original one. I suppose you might be able to find one of the side mount scope mounts at a gun show.

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
The Lyman repros are available from Buffalo Arms. You sometimes see originals on Ebay, but they usually sell for a small fortune.

"White men with their ridiculous civilization lie far from me. No longer need I be a slave to money" (W.D.M Bell)
www.cybersafaris.com.au

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The option I took was a tang sight. I chose Marbles since it has windage adjustment. I also changed the front bead to an XS white stripe ramped blade. That really improved the sight picture. Definition is vastly improved.

Posts: 231 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 19 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I kinda want to use a Lyman #21 but I'm not holding my breath.

Rich

Posts: 6484 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I put ERA on my 405 Kreiger barreled 95. Pedestal rear and red fiber optic front on ERA ramp. Looks good shoots good.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
After adding my tang sight and front blade, I can shoot groups under 2.5" at 200 yards. That and three head of game taken at over 175 yards has proven the windage adjustment's worth over the Lyman.

Posts: 231 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 19 June 2003Reply With Quote