New
Find
Notify
Tools

50-110/50 Express reloaders
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need to acquire three (3) 50-110/50 Express dummy rounds. Can anyone make them available?

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1497 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Might get more views and a better shot of getting your dummies in the big-bore forum.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
got ya covered, what would you like them topped off with bullet wise?

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

Posts: 711 | Location: Michigan , USA | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
50-110 and 50 Express are the same thing. The 50-110/50 Express is seperated by the backslash or frontslash...I get them mixed up.

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ty,

incorrect answer. The Express could be more accurately described as an "Improved" version with a shoulder. you can fireform 50-110 into the Express by firing it in an Express rifle.

Rich
DRSS
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Naphtali:
I need to acquire three (3) 50-110/50 Express dummy rounds. Can anyone make them available?

well I missed the /50 so not sure what your needing.

But I have the straight walled 50-110 that Starline makes the brass for.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

Posts: 711 | Location: Michigan , USA | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry

The 50-110 and the 50 express are the same case, it is all based on the original loads by WInchester. The 50-110 is 110 grs of black and a 300?350 gr bullet also known as the 50 express. The other 50 load is the 50-100-450 and that has 100 grs black and a 450 gr bullet the difference was in the twist rate used in a black powder rifle, the 450 gr had a faster twist about 1-35 as to the 350 gr at 1-50 +-.
Same case different loads. The 50 alaskan is the same case just shortened to 2.100". Kind of like a 44 mag and the 44 spl. Of the 50-110/express/50-100-450 all are a straight walled case. Winchester in hte 50 cal for the 1886 never had a shoulodered case that was only in the 50-95 made for the 1876 and could also be called the 50 express. Yes very confusing. That case has a larger body and base so that one is shouldered/tapered thou gradual.

I tend to use more than enough gun.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry about the confusion. Mr. Turnbull cleared it.

In my term "50-110/50 Express," the back slash "/" symbolizes or. That's all.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1497 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Sorry I stated wrong info, should have checked closer.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We are using a new barrel and have beeen using a twist rate of 1-20, Dave Gullo of BUffalo Arms uses 1-36, Every one has there thing and both work. Dave uses black powder and that 1-36 is probly better for that.

I tend to use more than enough gun.