New
Find
Notify
Tools

Factory 50 cal lever actions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Are there any rumours of any makers bringing out lever actions in 50 cal such as 50AE/ 500S&W/50 Alaskan? I have promised myself I will get a lever action again when one comes out in 50 cal.

Sympathy please ,I have champagne tastes and beer budget

Posts: 618 | Location: Singleton ,Australia | Registered: 28 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CR 500,

here is my pride and Joy at the minute a 50-110 done on a reproduction 1886 45/70.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wild West Guns in Alaska builds a couple different ones... Can you say "Guide Guns and Co-Pilots"?

Posts: 148 | Location: back in the USA | Registered: 28 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Problem is these are not available in Australia Frowner

one of us
posted Hide Post
Plus, who would want a 50 AK when they can have the original?!
PC, while I object on three or four grounds to your Weaver rail, I do envy you the rifle. Happy shooting!

Posts: 2000 | Location: Beaverton OR | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bwanabe,

I know the picatinny is not traditional Frowner but I just shoot that much better with a scope........the rail does come off and I have grub screws to fill in the holes. My smith made that rail for me from solid steel. I also sort of wanted a scout set up, so when my scope arives I will have the lyman 66wb as the irons and the 2.5x28mm leupold scout scope as well.

It will make a great pig rifle and would be good on feral horses if I get the chance to hunt them again.