THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Found another Accurate lever rifle!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found another Accurate lever rifle!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted
Went shooting this morning with my Winchester Model 94AE in .357. Our local walmart only had the 100rd box of Remington 125gr Hollowpoint .38+P on hand but the price was good so I got a box.

This gun is extremely accurate with this load! Out to 75 yards or so I was able to pick off Coke Cans with the factory buckhorn sights. I was very impressed and enjoy my open sight rifles because I just see it as practice for my other open sight guns I am not as accurate with yet. (mostly muzzleloaders).

I kind of have an itch for a .44 mag Winchester lever rifle as I enjoy these cartridges a lot. This one is a keeper.

Good shooting everyone and Happy New Year!

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was pleasantly surprised yesterday with a recently acquired (used) Marlin 336 in 45-70, with a 4X scope. Using Bitteroot ammo, I got an 1.5-inch group ...... and the rifle was genuinely pleasant to shoot.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Here are the results of 5 shots taken at 100 yards with Remington factory 170gr ammo out of my 1975 Marlin 336A .30-30 mounted with a 2x7 Leupy scope.

"It's a good day for something"

Posts: 319 | Location: S E Wisconsin | Registered: 15 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Good shooting guys!

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote