New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: BLR 81
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Owning several .223 rifles in all configurations ie. bolt/auto and now lever as in the BLR-81 I have found it to be a decent preformer that fills a nitch. Mine shoots very well with IMR4198 and 55gr. bullets. I use it as a truck gun because it's flat profile facilitates easy stowage under the bench seat. Been offered to sell many times and declined because there are'nt that many around and probably could not replace it. Another tip about reloading is that I found that the .223 SB dies will give you easier chamber loading as mine was a little tight.When using .223 FL dies there was a chambering issue (no go) but the SB dies corrected that

Posts: 147 | Location: SW Wash | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My 223 BLR is not for sale (actually, none of them). I know where you can make a little if you get tired of it. My "friends" are always trying to find some way to separate me from mine.

Posts: 231 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 19 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I plan on picking the rifle up the first day of my wife's visit to her parents!

Posts: 901 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RLI
posted Hide Post
I know of a couple of .223 BLR for sale in my area but the one I prefer is my BLR, 81, .308Win Belgium model.
RLI

Posts: 276 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 24 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine is a Jap Mirouku BLR 81 in 22.250, some rust(Salt Stock)? possibly. I paid $350 Aussie pesos for it $245 USD, but then again it came with a Leupold 3x9x50 Variable scope and nice sling..
Luke in Oz

one of us
posted Hide Post
My understanding of the salt wood is that happened in the late 1960's into the early 1970's.
The BLR 81 started in 1981.
I also have a Belgium made BLR in 308. It has seen quite a bit of honest use and still shoots well. I am not sure what years the BLR rifles were made in Belgium and assembled there but it seems that Browning also had some of the newer ones made in Belgium and assembled in Portugal

Posts: 901 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote