New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rossi 44mag
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone own a rossi 44mag? what do you think of it? what length is the barrel? I'm thinking of getting one (just for a fun gun not for hunting) or would i be better with a .357?

Posts: 290 | Location: N.Ireland | Registered: 12 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the rossi is a great gun for the money. I shortened the barrel to 16 3/4" from 20" and the mag tube so it will hold 5. Shoots everthing well. Also put an older redfield peep on. Great combo and weighs next to nothing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
someone told me today that there is alot of recoil from a 44mag rossi is this true?

Posts: 290 | Location: N.Ireland | Registered: 12 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great little gun and low recoil I have a stainless 20" model and just shoot the winchester 240 gr in it and it's great. Good when walking around with dogs as it's nice and light.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
308mate,

I have a Rossi in 45LC and love it. It is a favorite of mine. I handload for it and approach 44 mag loads in power. Recoil is very tame. It is hard to go wrong for the money.

Posts: 188 | Location: Gillette, WY 82717 | Registered: 30 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tanoose
posted Hide Post
I have one with a 20" barrel. Its a great woods roaming rifle . I like to carry light when i take the kids for a walk with there 22's. When the kids go squirrel hunting my rossi 92 or my winchester 94 30/30 seem to always tag along.

Posts: 869 | Location: Bellerose,NY USA | Registered: 27 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My first "deer rifle" was a 44 Mag. [Not a Rossi]. It killed deer out to 125 yards as good as any rifle I have used.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote