THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Takedown lever action in 32 H&R Mag?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Takedown lever action in 32 H&R Mag?
 Login/Join

Picture of Mark
posted
Damn Taurus.

First they announce a new lever rifle in 32 mag, and a takedown and I'm thinking what a great little camp gun that would be, then they decide not to build it.

I guess they have one in 38, but I'd prefer a 32.

Does anyone know if there is a takedown 32 made? I wish the marlin was, but don't think it is.

Anyway, any suggestions appreciated!

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark:

Damn Taurus.

First they announce a new lever rifle in 32 mag, and a takedown and I'm thinking what a great little camp gun that would be, then they decide not to build it.

Does anyone know if there is a takedown 32 made? I wish the marlin was, but don't think it is.

I agree. I would buy one in .32 H&R mag, especially if I could get one with 16" or 18" barrel, but I have no need/use/desire for one in any flavor of .35 pistol cartridge.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering if the Taurus decision was a marketing decision or an engineering decision. Winchester's original concept was to build the 1890 in .32 and to develop a leveraction version. A prototype was apparently as far as that went. Maybe a .22 Taurus could be converted?

Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Apparently Taurus has decided on a Corporate Strategy to hack-off the intended customer base. Someone mentioned to me they were planning to offer a Stainless and Walnut Pump rifle(Lightning Clone) in 38Spl/357Mag.

Go to their web site and sure enough, there it is in both a Carbine and Rifle version. Search around the net and can't find one anywhere.

Decided to call them and see where they had shipped some. Customer Service tells me they decided not to make them. Mad Sure would have made a slick foul weather Truck Rifle.

Hey Taurus - "WAKE UP!!!"

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Marlin makes a 32mag Cowboy rifle.I don`t know if its a take down???

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote