New
Find
Notify
Tools

Proper scope bases
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just purchased a Browning BLR-L in 270 WCF, so its a long action, straight grip..Would like to have a set of Leupold or Redfield bases, but not sure what this new model takes, and can not find bases, checked all the catalogs etc..Does anyone know what bases fit this model..There are none stipulated for the BLR-L, so it must be the same as one of the other models, I know, its riduculas that they don't list them or tell us what base is correct.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41970 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one of the long action BLR's that has a steel receivers. That makes it an 81 (not pot belly magazine). I have not put a scope on it but it probably takes the regular base. Does yours have a steel receiver? I will have to dig mine out and see. Let you know when I can get to it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine has a aluminum receiver its a new BLR-L I think that means lightweight, not sure however may mean long receiver which it has..It the newest one with the straight grip..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41970 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
I think you may need the Leupold 50237 for the BLR Lightning. It is a 2 piece set.

Posts: 10159 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On my 1st 30-06 BLR, I liked and used the Talley "quick detachable w/levers" rings and matching steel bases. Do not know the part #'s, but it should be easy enough to get off their site.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, just noticed (paid attention) you were looking for Leupold or Redfield. However, these are a 2 piece set and work on the aluminum receiver.