New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which scope rings for mod. 99F?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am in the process of mounting a scope on my Savage model 99F in .358 win. I am trying to keep this rifle as authentic looking as possible but do not want to sacrifice authenticity for functional quality. The rifle is drilled and tapped for the two piece Weaver bases so I have to go with a Weaver style ring system. Recoil is definately an issue with this rifle. It weighs 6lbs and kicks every bit as hard as my 45-70 with handloads. This 99 has a fairly steep stock comb which will require a low profile ring to keep the 30mm objective Weaver V711 DX scope at an optimum height. I am having problems finding a low profile old school looking scope ring of premium quality. I have seriously considered the Redfield all steel (Weaver Style ) rings, but they come in medium and tall heights. The Warne Maxima TPA rings are very strong all steel low profile rings at a very reasonable price, but dont look the part as well as the Redfields. And I have been warned against the Weaver rings by just about everyone. Will the Redfields work well for my setup? Any suggestions?