Find
Notify
Tools

BLR 375 Ruger!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello

Just handled a BLR rebarreled to the 375 Ruger at Wild West in Anchorage!

It is on the current 300 win mag version. They are in the process of making up a 416 Ruger!

It will be interesting to see how this holds up and performs.

Posts: 367 | Location: Anchor Point, Alaska | Registered: 03 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That needs to be done on a takedown BLR, resulting in quite possibly the coolest utility rifle in existence.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FOOBAR
posted Hide Post
Far out..I've been looking for a 'smith that has solved the problem of barrel removal.

I called...that 375 Ruger rifle was a non takedown, rebarrel, long action. When I started asking prices, how the did it, what about an Alum frame converstion to 458 Alpine or my longer version he got a bit evasive...understandable and no whine...ANY custom job is hard to price out.

Basically he said send email with dimensions and other requirements, drawings, etc,. They require a reamer and dummies. They had one in the rack and mentioned $2200.00...and they've done at least two conversions.

SO...here is an opportunity for those seeking converstions on BLR's to acquire one...WWW must have found the secret to barrel removal without destryoing the frame.

I think I need to find a way to steal from Paul to pay Peter and get a new toy.

FANTASTIC.

Thanks