New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning blr bases and mounts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just picked up my first Browning BLR and am anxious to get it set up with a Leupold scope. Wondering if some of the experts out there knew the Leupold bases and (36 mm)rings I should look for. Cant seem to find info on the BLR on Cabela's website.
Thanks Blixen

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can check out Leupold's web site and have a mnt./ring chart which will guide you, or better still give them a call/toll free/ and they will help. Brownell's usually stock them.

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used quick release leupold bases on my current production BLR. The two piece bases were the same as the BAR. As far as the rings go don't worry about the scope size. Worry about getting your thumb on the hammer. For me medium height gives me just enough clearance. I have smaller hands and thanks to a table saw a smaller than normal thumb. So for you you might need high rings to be able to work the hammer.

Posts: 448 | Registered: 27 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jpat
posted Hide Post
I used Weaver mounts and Warne rings. Rock solid

Posts: 447 | Location: NH | Registered: 09 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use steel weaver bases and burris zrings. Seems like S25 for both for the base. I use low rings, and you need a hammer extension. Depends on which model BLR you have which extension that you need.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info guys. I will check out these leads. Anyone know where to get some sling studs. The stock doesn't have any drilled and I was wondering where to pick up some stainless studs and swivels. Also, how dificult is it to install them in a laminate stock?
Thanks again.
Blixen

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Current production BLRs cannot be fitted with a hammer extension. As far as the swivel studs go. Not difficult with the right tools. I would take it to a smith. They will have a jig to get the stud centered in the butt stock. As far as the front stud goes I would suggest against having a stud installed in the forearm. The BLR forearm is rather short and a stud may interfere with your grip. So you can get a barrel band stud or they make a stud that goes on the end of the tube that runs through the forearm. But it is only available in black.

Posts: 448 | Registered: 27 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jpat
posted Hide Post
I use a double loop carbine sling. No mods required.

Posts: 447 | Location: NH | Registered: 09 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jpat:
I use a double loop carbine sling. No mods required.

Would be nice to see some pics of your set-up.

DRSS &
Bolt Action Trash

Posts: 860 | Location: Arizona + Just as far as memory reaches | Registered: 04 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Use tally light-weights, there are no bases, they are inexpensive, and look great. Personally i hate Leupold mounts, have em on a rifle and im not crazy about em.

Posts: 498 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 22 May 2004Reply With Quote