THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    180 gr. GS Custom bullets in the .348 Win, 250 Savage,and 25-35 Win.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

180 gr. GS Custom bullets in the .348 Win, 250 Savage,and 25-35 Win.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have been using and testing GS Customs bullets of several years now and believe them to be as good a bullet for accuracy, penetration and tissue damage as any bullet I have ever used.

Like any monolithic bullet you can shoot a much lighter bullet and get the penetration and killing power of a much heavier cup and core bullet..

This year a friend of mine shot his elk length wise with the 348 Win and a 180 gr. GS Customs bullet at almost 2700 FPS..bullet went lengthwise from hip to shoulder and shattered that shoulder and came to rest in the neck/shoulder junction, range was about 50 yards..perfect results. The same results I have come to expect with the 85 gr. in my 250-3000 on deer and antelope..slip one of those little pills behind or thru the shoulder of a Whitetail or a big Mule deer and he hits the dirt, yet to have one run at all, but that's probably a fluke..

Just a great bullet and now the Gerards daughter and her husband have moved to the USA and are open for business..For years I had clients bring me bullets from their RSA hunts. Gerard posts on AR from time to time.

Contact numbers in the USA:
Tel: 269-861-2553

gina@gscustomusa.com
Gerard@gscustomusa.com

Good folks to do business with. They also have a nice website but can't remember what it is, you'll have to google it up..

Nice to have someone out there that will make you some of the old obsolete calibers on request. Not to mention he made me some 25-35 Win. 97 gr. bullets that shoot better than anything Ive used so far in my 94 SRC..and that little gun shoots much flatter and hammers those little Texas whitetail that I hunt every year. Perfect gun and bullet for sitting in a blind and shooting at the 100 yard feeder, and still a decent Mule Deer rifle when I hunt behind my house.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41973 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote