Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

win .405 cast bullets
 Login/Join

posted
what is a good cast bullet mold for the win .405 in the new made win? and anybody have any luck using copper jacketed or lead .41 magnum bullets?

Posts: 4 | Location: lexington ky | Registered: 23 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted Hide Post
Hi Rem700,
I haven´t a Win M95, but I have a old belgium made double rifle. My cast load is with the .410 .265grs lead gas check from Oregon Trail ( bought by Midway) and 30grs of Vith N110. With this bullet/powder/velocity combination, my double is regulated @ 50m.
I also load the Hornady .410 210grs XTP/HP and 52grs Norma N200. With the .300grs bullets from Hornady and Woodleigh, my double have same problems, with regulations.

Martin

Posts: 824 | Location: Munich, Bavaria, thats near Germany | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
Rem
I found the NEI 300 grain gas checked to be good and I had Mountain Molds make me a 350 grain gas checked.
Data is a bit scarce, found my best info right here on Accurate Reloading.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote