THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    What to do with an extra stock and forearm?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to do with an extra stock and forearm?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I got an extra stock and forearm for my 1895 from a buddy today. He ordered it for a warranty repair for a guys Marlin 1895 Guide Gun and he never came back. I got it for $10 and I don't know why I bought it but I did. What should I do with it?

Should I refinish it and completely smooth it out, similar to the original Marlin stocks? I would remove the diamond checkering and refinish it in another walnut stain and shellac it. Or should I just hang onto it, and hope I never need to replace the one that's on it now? I have heard horror stories about guys that use super magnum loads and end up cracking their stocks, but I don't plan on being one of these guys.

Posts: 68 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Personaly.I have to say get rid of that checkering takeit back to original.As those marlin stocks were something to be hold thumb

all times wasted wot's not spent shootin

Posts: 569 | Location: Flinders Ranges. South Australia | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote